Sarkodie impregnated me- Yvonne Nelson says in new book

Because the man who put her in that predicament refused to take responsibility because he had another girlfriend, Yvonne Nelson has stated that she decided to end a pregnancy.

The Ghanaian actress claimed in her book "I Am Not Yvonne Nelson" that the incident in issue occurred in 2010 and that the man in question was a rapper from Tema. She stated in her account that the rapper in question was Michael Owusu Addo, better known by his stage name Sarkodie, a Ghanaian singer who is now regarded as a legend and a multiple award winner.

"I had gone for a pregnancy test to confirm what becomes the most obvious conclusion for a sexually active young woman who misses her monthly flow. I was in the company of Karen. And when the test result was ready, I wasn't strong enough to open it. She did and declared the verdict.

"Charlie, it dey there!" she exclaimed.

"On an ordinary day, I would have laughed out loud and that would trigger a string of jolly conversations and jokes. But this was no laughing matter. It was a grim piece of information that was capable of turning my world upside down. I wasn't the only one responsible for the situation, so I called the man whose potent seed had germinated in me. His name is Michael Owusu Addo, a renowned Ghanaian musician who is better known as Sarkodie.

"Sarkodie was a young musician with the potential to rise to prominence both in Ghana and internationally. But at the moment, the future seemed hazy, and it seemed impossible to foretell how he would find his way through the labyrinth of life. Failure was not assured. He was still living with his mother and wasn't prepared to take on additional responsibilities while still being supported by her.

"I wouldn't describe the friendship that had grown between us as serious. I was drawn to those who worked in the music business. For the majority of my life, music served as my escape from all the awful things that life had to offer. I appreciated his talent, then. As we conversed, our proximity increased. Parts of the text read, "Closer."


As detailed in chapter 8 of her memoir, which was published on Sunday, June 18, 2023, the actress tried to have the baby by ingesting some mixtures given to her by a colleague, but to her dismay, the medicine was ineffective because a pregnancy test showed she was still carrying the child.


Because she is fatherless and had not anticipated becoming pregnant with a kid whose father had refused to take responsibility, she made the decision to abort the child.


"When he refused to let me keep the pregnancy, the first thing that struck me was my own life. Without a father in my life, I had grown up. I had been told numerous times how I had been born accidentally.

"I continued to question whether the man with my name was my father. How was I going to give birth to another person who would spend their life just like mine but whose father would reject them just like Mr. Nelson had rejected me? Why would I reject that option if there was a way to save someone else the trauma I was dealing with, especially because I wasn't?" Yvonne Nelson wrote in her book.


She went on to say that although she finally succeeded in terminating the pregnancy, it was "one of the most regrettable mistakes in my life." I would preserve it if the hands of time could be turned back to when I was younger.


The exciting and captivating story of a young lady who sets out to learn about herself but learns that she has been using a false name is told in "I Am Not Yvonne Nelson."



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

MGID