I could’ve vanished when I got arrested If I were a bad person – Fetish priest cries out after demolition fiasco - Oheneba News World

The event took place on Tuesday, August 15. A fetish priest invaded Nima to disrupt a demolition exercise but was apprehended.


According to Nii Odiasempa, he took action after learning that certain structures in the Nima neighbourhood were being demolished.

He claims that the Nima lands are owned by his clan. So when he heard about the demolition, he was furious and contacted the ancestors.

He claims that they demonstrated for him what to do, which is why he was seen at the exercise site dressed in leaves and holding a bottle of schnapp.

He claims that nobody informed them before the demolition, and all they knew was that their buildings were being destroyed.

"I went there after receiving a call that some individuals had arrived and were tearing down buildings, so I arrived there furious. I therefore asked the ancestors for advice, and they provided it. I walked away with a bottle of schnapps.

If there had been a battle, he continued, "something awful may have happened since our ancestors have showed us that if there are many stones and you pour wine or water on it, it would burst into flames. When I arrived there, I summoned them. I wasn't going to fight them.

"We are all Ghanaians, but when I got there, I wanted to teach them a lesson, but I forgave them because of our maker," he continued.

He claimed he didn't realise the police car was parked where he was told to go when they told him to remain calm.


The police advised me to calm down and to sit inside the car because I was chanting. They took me to the police station all of a sudden. We are all Greater Accra natives, and this is not right.



@babzgh24 Nima demolition exercise #ghanatiktok🇬🇭 ♬ original sound - ibrahim alhassan



The priest went on to say that he wants the government and traditional council to be aware of the unfair treatment of Nima locals and issued a warning to all parties concerned.


"We are Ghanaians and we don't want anything bad to happen, but what they [police] did yesterday - people didn't like and doesn't speak well of them," the fetish priest stated.


He argued that their clan owned the land, and they had legal proof of this.


"The land belongs to us and no one came to tell us anything, all of a sudden, we heard that there are police, soldiers, and fire service personnel around and doing what they like."


He claimed that he was seen spraying alcohol on the demolition vehicles to make room for the rituals he had planned before being arrested by the police. He was surprised by this because the officers had shown him respect and he had assumed they would speak with him.


Because of this, he reciprocated the same respect instead of dissipating as he could have.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

MGID